Saturday night at the dive-in

Last night, the college hosted a Saturday night "dive-in" movie. They showed the classic horror flick Creature from the Black Lagoon, and showed it in the university pool so students could swim and watch the movie at the same time. It sounds like a crazy idea, but it was actually a lot of fun. I'd never seen Creature before, which was the draw for me, but I couldn't have enjoyed it any more than I did. It made me sentimental for days of hanging out with other nerdy kids at Swarthmore. It was there I was first introduced to kung fu movies by Carl Heiberg, who encouraged me to see The Legend of Fong Sai Yuk, which was being shown on campus by Justin Hall, in his film series called "Two-Fisted Films" or something. This was before Jet Li was known in the U.S., and I was pretty blown away. Ahhh... great times.

No comments:

Post a Comment