Pandora is wow on little sleep

For those of you still in the academic world, you know it's finals time, and I've got all that crap going on. Right now, I'm going on just a little sleep and staying awake with Sudafed, caffeine pills, and polacrilex gum. This is an effective combination, and since my PA wouldn't prescribe me modafinil (I have diagnosed OSA, so don't get all self-righteous on me), it's about as good as I can do.

So, anyhow, I was starting to fall asleep a little while ago, so I switched on Pandora, starting with "Riders on the Storm", and it's taken me through stuff I've never heard before like Cream's Crossroads and Led Zeppelin's Nobody's Fault But Mine. Never having used "hard" drugs before, I don't know that feels like, but with the sleep deficit, nicotine, and whatnot, the music sounds pretty good.

Of course, give me a few days with sleep, treadmill, salmon, and water in place of coffee, and I'll probably be back to preferring Bach and Handel.

No comments:

Post a Comment