Orientation: module 2

On day 1 of general orientation, you're in with everybody in your GO class, from administrators to nurses and food service workers. On day 2, you get just those people doing direct patient care. We were down to four yesterday. On day 3, we start something called "module 2," which is just for nurses. This brought us down to two people: myself and an LPN going to work in the renal center. I feel pretty guilty about this. There's a lot of resources in time that get expended on orientation. I guess they expect they'll have to do module 2 only a couple times a year. Since I wanted to pass the NCLEX first, I guess I screwed things up. Thank goodness for the LPN.

Module 2 is an introduction to IV therapy, beginning Healthstream (computerized) education, etc

No comments:

Post a Comment