Volunteering for Haiti, 2


Been trying to contact more groups to find a placement in Haiti...

Partners in Health is not taking volunteers; neither is International Rescue Committee, although they have a blog you can follow.

Last night at my spinning class, I ran into our ICU pharmacist, who let me know about an e-mail circulated from the department of health asking for information on volunteers. They want people with surgical, pediatric, infection control, etc experience. Not a big demand for cardiac nurses. I signed up today in our Human Resources dept but don't expect anything to come of it.

The Vermont nurses union has sent a team in conjunction with the Red Cross. I don't know how that happened but there was already a Vermont-Haiti group, and someone connected with the union is from Haiti, so that might explain.

No comments:

Post a Comment