Feliz Cinco de Mayo

Cinco de Mayo isn't really a great day for eating paleo.  Probably a better day for cheating.  To me, cheating isn't really a big issue in paleo since I've lost my taste for many sugared things, grainy things, starchy things, etc.  However, I do love Mexican food.  It's the only time I have any interest in corn products, for example.  Corn tortilla chips with salsa are outstanding.  And margaritas are one of the best drinks ever.  But it's always instructive to re-visit the NorCal Margarita, which I think is a great hack.

Here's the recipe: 

  1. 2–3 shots of 100% agave tequila. 
  2. Juice and pulp from one lime. 
  3. Shake it all up with some ice. 
  4. Add soda water to taste. 

I personally will be having a traditional margarita with freezer-cooled 1800 Reposado and Cointreau, fresh-squeezed lime juice, and no salt or ice. Delicious. Feliz Cinco de Mayo.